8 Best Srt Subtitle Editor Online [Free to Use]
The text strings while watching a video on your screen, are known as video subtitles.
Srt subtitles make you able to understand a video, especially when you do not fully understand the language spoken in the video.
And those people who have a hearing problem also prefer Srt subtitles on videos. Subtitles are widely used for movie translations as a text-based collection of all dialogues delivered by all roles in the movie.
Srt subtitles are also being used for adding background information for the audience’s well-understanding.
You don’t need to be a professional subtitles editor for adding subtitles to your videos. You can easily add subtitles of text info to your any kind of videos.
It’s very simple to change the display position of a text, customizing it, increase or decrease the size, color, and font. An Srt subtitle editor online can do all these things. But what is the best editor?
Well, here we are going to give you complete information about 8 best Srt online editors.
Part 1: 8 Best Srt Subtitle Editor Online
Image credit: Clideo
Use the Clideo’s Srt subtitle editor online and add subtitles or write captions yourself. Through this tool, you can add subtitles to YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, and TikTok videos. Following are some basic features of this editor;
- The tool is both fast and secure. Before saving your video, you can convert it to any format you want, such as MP4, AVI, MKV, MOV, etc.
- The tool doesn’t limit you. You can change the text size, light, color, and background of the subtitles.
- The tool is a Srt editor online. It means you will not need to download any software or app to your device.
- It’s combined with Cloud storage. You can add videos from Google Drive or Dropbox and save it back.
Image credit: Subtitle Tools
These are online tools for syncing, converting, and fixing Srt subtitles. The tools have many satisfied users. The tools change many types of plain-text subtitles to Srt. Following are some further features;
- It converts many kinds of text-based subtitle files to Vtt.
- It converts picture-based subtitles to Srt.
- It converts picture-based sub/IDX subtitles to Srt.
- It combines two subtitles into a single file and makes subtitles stand out by changing the color of the text. It can also change text encoding of any text file to UTF-8.
Image credit: Subshifter
SubShifter is an online SRT subtitle resync tool that shifts all the timestamps of a movie subtitle file. SubShifter is currently supporting the SRT FILE FORMAT, which is supported by most modern media players.
Here are some features of SubShifter;
- You can use it for synchronizing the Srt ubtitles to a movie in case of a slight offset.
- SubShifter is used to correct the times in your subtitles files.
- It has two tools for use; the Shift tool and the Linear compensation tool. The first is simpler, and the other is more powerful.
Image credit: Kapwing
It is an online Srt editor for subtitling the videos. It’s the best tool for adding subtitles to videos with no watermark. It makes your video more accessible, compelling, and engaging. Let’s have a look at some features of Kapwing;
- You can also share the video on any platform with burned subtitles.
- Al-powered auto-generate function for subtitles.
- It allows the creator to adjust the video in the desired way. The creator can easily change the size, color, and positions of the subtitles.
Image credit: Resnyc Subtitles
It’s an online Srt tool for permanently syncing subtitle files. Following are its some features;
- You can use milliseconds to set the timings into subtitles without lagging.
- When you shifted a file, you can adjust all the dialogues earlier or later according to your desire.
- Srt subtitles will be synced up with the video within 10 minutes.
Image credit: Subsyncer
This free online Srt tool can shift, convert, clean, and resync the subtitles in any language, in any format. Its features are;
- It converts your subtitle files to your desired format.
- You can decide what you want to keep and what to remove on your videos. Its cleaning tool allows you to remove all syntaxes that you don’t want.
- You can choose to fasten or delay all the cues in your videos. You can fix the timings of subtitles until it fits the video.
Image credit: Veed
It’s the perfect place to add Srt subtitles to your videos. You can add subtitles automatically, and you can use this editor for any kind of correction and styling the size, position, and colors of your subtitles. Some of its other features are;
- It supports all the popular files such as MOV, MP4, AVI, and more. You can edit Srt file online of any length and size.
- It is the perfect tool for localizing content.
- It’s a very flexible tool. It adds Srt subtitles to Instagram video. Youtube, webinars, and feature films.
8. Nikse . Dk
Image credit: Nikse . Dk
A free and open-source subtitle editor, which helps a creator to edit, adjust, and synchronize subtitles for videos. Here are some features;
- You can easily subtitle if it’s out of sync with the video in several ways.
- It has cool audio visualizer control.
- You can auto-translate your videos via Google translate
Part 2: FAQ about Srt Subtitle Editor Online
1. What are the best professional subtitle software?
Well, there is a huge list, but as everyone has preferences, we are going to pick a few of them;
You can use Movavi video suite to creates complete movies along with music and effects. You can also converts and playback media files plus burn CDs, DVDs, and Blu-ray discs, and so many more.
Videoproc is professial subtitle software to edit, convert compress, download, record video, and audio with super fast encoding speed. It supports two modes, hardcode mode and softcode mode.
AVIAddXSubs is another professial subtitle editor to edit up to eight subtitles files at a time. You can outlines the texts for better visibility and easily configures the text size, color, and position.
2. How can I edit subtitle online?
There are so many online tools for subtitling the videos available on Google. You can easily add subtitles to your files by joining any of those tools. All you need to do is,
- Upload the video you want to subtitle or paste a link to your video. Then get start the editing.
- Transcribe the texts you want and adjust them
- Download your subtitled video to share directly on social media or at any platform you want to keep.
All the above mentioned online Srt editors are very effective and have many satisfied users. Hopefully, it works for you all too.