Some users ask why AirPods keep disconnecting from iPhone and Mac since it is launched back in the year 2016. They said the automatic switching feature is not working effectively as it creates issues for users. The AirPods keep disconnecting from time to time. So annoying.
Connecting will become even worse when you have more than one Apple device that is active.
If you are facing this problem, continue to read this article to help you resolve this AirPods and AirPods Pro disconnecting issue.
- Part 1: Why Do AirPods Keep Disconnecting within Seconds
- Part 2: How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting from Mac
- Part 3: How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting from iPhone
Part 1: Why Do AirPods Keep Disconnecting within Seconds
There are several reasons behind having this disconnection problem with your Airpods. Experts say it might be due to a hardware problem. You can go to Apple Store to fix the hardware problem.
If you are facing a software issue, you can follow the steps below to fix disconnecting issue first.
Part 2: How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting from Mac
Unfortunately, some of the Mac users face a problem that is the AirPods keep disconnecting from Mac. In case you’re one of those users who are experiencing this problem, we will share different ways to fix this problem.
1. Restart Mac
The first solution to resolve this problem is to restart Mac. Click on the Apple logo placed on the menu bar and then select the option restart. Due to restarting, all the device-related problems accountable for the disconnection of the Airpods will immediately get eliminated. But after restarting, if you still face this problem, you can try any of the below-mentioned methods.
2. Forget Airpods on Mac
In this, you will have to unpair your Airpods from Mac and then reconnect them to Mac again from scratch.
- Click on the Bluetooth icon placed on Mac’s menu bar and then select the ‘Open Bluetooth Preferences’ option.
- Click the right-side button of your Airpods and then select the option remove.
- Click on the Forget Device option so that your AirPods will get removed from the Mac.
- Next, now you will have to reconnect your Airpods to your Mac. Put your AirPods into its charging case and then close it.
- Open the cover of the Airpod case and keep a hold on the setup button until its light turns white.
- Now, go to your Mac Bluetooth setting menu and then click on the connect button. Make one thing sure that the Bluetooth of your Mac is turned on.
By doing this, hopefully, your problem gets resolved.
3. Update macOS
If the above-mentioned solutions do not work out for you, then it might be the issue that is causing due to the outdated version of the Mac operation system. In such a situation, you will need to install the macOS latest updates. By doing this, your issue will get resolved. You can do it very simply by just following the below-mentioned instructions:
- At first, open up the System Preferences window from the Apple
- On the System Preferences window, tap on the Software Update
- If there are any updates available, you will be notified that “An update is available for your Mac” text. Tap on the Update Now in order to start downloading the Update.
- Wait for it to get completed. After that, your Mac gets restarted to complete the installation of the Update.
- When your Mac starts up again, then connect your AirPods to see if your issue has been resolved or not.
4. Delete Bluetooth Configuration Files
- Click on Mac’s homepage and Opt Go to Folder.
- Next, paste the path below in the box and Tap Go.
- That will open the Preferences folder and then highlight the com. Apple.Bluetooth. plist file.
- Right-click the com. apple.Bluetooth. plist file and then select Move to Bin.
- Authenticate the process either by putting up your Mac’s using Touch ID or password.
Now, Reconnect the AirPods to Mac and then check if it keeps connected.
Part 3: How to Fix AirPods Keep Disconnecting from iPhone
There are many reasons why AirPods keep disconnecting from iPhone, so here we come up with some solutions that you can use to fix this issue.
5. Restart iPhone
If you ever experience a problem that your AirPods keep disconnecting from your iPhone, you should immediately restart your iPhone. Your problem gets resolved by doing this, but if you still face this issue, you can try other methods of resolving this issue mentioned below.
6. Check Bluetooth Status on iPhone
The second method is to ensure that the Bluetooth is turned on your iPhone while using Airpods.
One of the solutions to this problem is to restart your Bluetooth. For this, you need to follow these steps:
- Go to your Settings app and click on
- Next, switch off the Bluetooth option and then back on again.
- Once your Bluetooth gets turns on, place your AirPods in the case and keep the lid open. Now your AirPods appear under the ‘My devices.’ It appears as a Not Connected device, so you will have to click on it to connect it with your iPhone, and your problem gets resolved.
7: Reset iPhone AirPods
If your AirPods get disconnect without any reason, then you need to put them back into their charging case. The light indicator will start blinking, and this will make you sure that AirPods are charging. Put them back from the case after some time. Its wireless buds will automatically get reconnected to your device normally onwards.
8: Turn the Automatic Ear Detection Off
At times your Airpods are better working without automatic ear detection. You need to find this option inside the Bluetooth settings and then turned it off.
- Open Settings then move to the Bluetooth option on your device.
- Now tap i next to the AirPods, after that turn off the Automatic Ear Detection option.
9: Check Firmware of AirPods Pro
Do you know that your Airpods pro gets updates? But this doesn’t occur as frequently as your iPhone, nevertheless, if there is any need, Apple does reveal firmware updates for wireless buds. Generally, your AirPods Pro is updated automatically without your interference. Check how to update the firmware.
10: Find Official Apple Service
If you have tried the method that is mentioned above and still, you’re you are facing this problem, then you need to go for getting official Apple services.
If they do not fix this issue, they might create a support case for their customer or replace it for you, or there are also chances that you will get a new one.