How to Cast VLC to Chromecast with Subtitles 2021 [Solved]
The issue of casting VLC videos on TV through the use of Chromecast has been around for some time. Many people don’t know about the method of VLC video subtitle casting to Chromecast.
However, Chromecast is widely used nowadays for watching movies and videos. The major problem here is that VLC does not support casting videos with subtitles.
Therefore, lots of people are looking for a way to address this challenge of casting VLC videos with subtitles. In this article, we will talk about the trick you can make use of to overcome this problem.
- Part 1: How to Cast VLC to Chromecast with Subtitles
- Part 2: Alternative Casting Video with Subtitles to Chromecast
You may also like: 9 Best Gaming Headsets On Reddit 2021 That Will Surprise You >>
Part 1: How to Cast VLC to Chromecast with Subtitles
Here, we have concluded that the best way to address this problem is to burn subtitles into videos. You can employ the method listed below within the VLC.
The first thing explained here is to get embedded subtitles using VLC. VLC is a dominant media player. Hence, it is versatile, as well. Furthermore, the significant advantage of using this method is that it eliminates the problem of making use of multiple tools for video editing tasks.
Therefore, there is no need for you to look for any strange, unknown software for your video editing as well as creation.
The first step to do using this method is to create a video clip. Afterward, organize the subtitles. The steps can be summarized as follows.
- Open VLC and then choose > media > stream. A pop-up window will appear for you to choose the file.
- Click stream at the bottom. Then, choose the output file. You need to add a suffix in order to match the output file. The most popular ones are AVI or MP4. However, you must know that some formats don’t support subtitles. The entire first step is called open source.
- Afterward, the next step is to transcode. Here chooses the right profile to make transcoding.
- The next you will find on your screen are three buttons. These buttons will appear on the right side of the screen. They will allow you to edit, create as well as delete a profile previously created.
- Furthermore, you should know that some options are not available in all formats. So, you may see an opportunity in one format that is not available in the other. For example, if you choose a format like WebM. Some options may not be available for you to choose from.
- It is suggested that you pick a format that works for you.
- Lastly, you have to review options as well as tweak subtitles. The significant tweak here is to eliminate the codec option. The reason is that you don’t need it to transcode. Afterward, render and test the file.
- When you are through with rendering and testing, open your file. Furthermore, remember to test the destination of the data as well. Now, you can cast VLC to Chromecast
Image credit: VLC
Image credit: VLC
Image credit: VLC
Part 2: Alternative Casting Video with Subtitles to Chromecast
Having earlier looked at the way to cast VLC to Chromecast with subtitles using only VLC, we will look at alternative ways you can do cast your videos. The best source of this is through videostream.com. The reason for this is that it is not easy to cast VLC with subtitles using the method discussed earlier.
Hence, it is considered the easiest way to stream MP4s, MKVs, AVIs, and MP3s from your computer to Chromecast as well as Android TV. The major advantage of using this app is that you don’t need any setup or servers to install before you can use this application.
Furthermore, you don’t need to create an account either to use this website too. Therefore, all you need to do is choose a video and start watching. It is that simple.
Additionally, you can watch your favorite shows through the playlists in chrome. Furthermore, there is an option of other settings to change the size of subtitles as well as the color. There is also an autoplay option, and night mode settings to protect your eyesight.
However, these options are for premium users. To set up this app is very simple. The entire process can be summarized as follows if you are making use of a PC, open Google chrome. Type videostream.com. Install Videostream. Then make use of your application.
Above are the steps to cast VLC with subtitles to Chromecast. If you have any questions in casting, leave a comment below to let us know.